Currently Accepting Applications For 1st and 2nd Shift Monday – Thursday:
- CNC Mill Set-Up Person/Operator
CNC Setup Operators are responsible to set up and run CNC equipment, maintaining quality and tolerance as required. Follow written and verbal procedures for machining and other duties. Work from routings, prints, sketches, and layout sheets, written and verbal instructions.
Inspect work produced using micrometers, bore gages, calipers, or other measuring instruments to verify conformance to specifications.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work with little to no supervision and be a self-starter. He or she will have experience with CNC setup in a production environment.
- Knowledge and experience using “G” and “M” code are required.
- Recognize and understand functions of machine with the ability to modify as required per supervisor’s instructions.
- Perform duties in accordance with company safety policies, reports unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Ability to work with minimal Supervision/make good decisions based on previous knowledge.
- Ability to resolve technical problems as needed. Requires a High School diploma or equivalent with a technical school education and working machinist knowledge or equivalent numerical control machining skills experience and ability to read and interpret work-related machine drawings.
- Excellent communication skills
- Quality Inspector
- Perform dimensional inspections of machined parts using hand and CMM inspection tools. Hand tools include vernier calipers, height gages, micrometers and thread gages.
- Perform and maintain calibration for various inspection equipment.
- Work closely with the production department for on-going quality control purposes.
- The ability to multi task in a rapidly changing environment.
- Work with quality associates to maintain AS9100 certification.
- Interpret engineering drawings/prints and confer with management or engineering staff to determine quality standards.
- Perform other duties and tasks as directed by Quality Manager.
- AS in a science related field preferred but not mandatory.
- Strong work ethic with an excellent teamwork attitude.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Strong Communication skills (written and oral).
- Minimum of 3 years of quality control experience and readily able to demonstrate understanding of engineering documentation including blue print reading and GD&T tolerances.
- ISO or AS9100 experience preferred.
- Comfortable in making decisions in a rapid paced work environment.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Candidate must also possess:
Work hours: 40 hrs/week, Mon. – Thur. (7:00 am-5:00pm); overtime required as needed.
A leader in precision machining and contract manufacturing
Since 1978, Sisson Engineering Corp. has developed proprietary manufacturing and management procedures based on Lean Manufacturing techniques which has allowed us to thrust ahead of our competition and to become a leader in precision machining and contract manufacturing. Our facility is located high on top of a mountain overlooking the pioneer valley, in a clean and comfortable environment, which is an important component in maintaining our QUALITY OF LIFE philosophy. Due to this philosophy, we are consistently growing and are constantly in search of highly qualified, detail oriented individuals that are organized team players with the drive and confidence to step out and make decisions, and have the ability to cast aside traditional manufacturing and management practices.
If you are CONFIDENT that you possess these attributes, and would like to work in an environment that is conducive to both your personal and professional growth, with the stability and security that is uncommonly found in industry today, then please send a cover letter and resume introducing yourself and your qualifications.
We offer a 4-day work week with a very competitive benefits package including health insurance and 401K for all of our full time employees.